New Amy Winehouse album. Lioness: Hidden Treasures
The new Amy Winehouse album – is set to become an instant Christmas hit, following the singer’s untimely death earlier this year.Released on December 5th, but available on pre-order now, the new Amy Winehouse album – Lioness: Hidden Treasures, is a collection of 12 new songs, Amy classics and cover versions including her highly rated duet, with veteran crooner Tony Bennett ‘Body and Soul’.
Mastered by former collaborators, Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, is, according to sources, a fitting tribute to the singer and includes music recorded between 2002 and 2008. However, the news means devoted fans can probably expect another new Amy Winehouse album in 2012, covering the last three years of her life and the material she’d been working on in the weeks and months before her death.
What’s included in the New Amy Winehouse Album
Lioness: Hidden Treasures, features 12 tracks including alternative versions of previously released material, Made up of demos of ‘Wake Up Alone’ and slow versions of ‘Tears Dry On Their Own’ and ‘Valerie’, plus a collaboration with rapper Nas.
Lioness: Hidden Treasures. Full track list
1.OUR DAY WILL COME (Reggae Version): Amy’s version of the classic 60s doo-wop track, produced by Salaam Remi.
2. BETWEEN THE CHEATS New song, recorded in 2008 for possible inclusion in her new album, produced by Salaam Remi.
3. TEARS DRY Originally written by Amy as a ballad, here’s the original version she recorded in Miami, back in 2005 in Miami with Salaam.
4. WAKE UP ALONE Amy’s first recording for the Back To Black album. A one-take demo recorded 2006 with Paul ODuffy.
5. WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW A great version of the Carole King-penned Shirelles classic. Produced by Mark Ronson back in 2004.
6. VALERIE A slowed down tempo version of the Ronson-produced hit single, recorded in December 2006.
7. LIKE SMOKE featuring rapper Nas: Produced by Salaam Remi. Recorded in May 2008.
8. THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA A young and fresh, version of the Bossa classic, from 2002, which was enough to convince producer Salaam of Amy’s ‘very special talent’.
9. HALFTIME A beautiful song made with Ahmir Questlove Thompson of the Roots. Amy and Salaam had been working on Half-time since the Frank sessions.
10. BEST FRIENDS A traditional Amy set opener produced by Salaam Remi.
11. BODY & SOUL with Tony Bennett: Amy’s cover of the 30s jazz classic, recorded with the legend Bennett. Recorded at London’s Abbey Road Studios in March 2011, this is Amys final studio recording.
12. A SONG FOR YOU A heartbreaking and emotional version of the Donny Hathaway classic and another track recorded in a single take. This is sure to be a future classic and features just Amy and her guitar, recorded at home during spring 2009 during a famously tough period of her life.
Meanwhile, in other news, Amy’s best selling 2006 album ‘Back to Black’ continues to build on the singer’s reputation as a major talent. Winner of 5 Grammy awards, an Ivor Novello and countless praise from fellow musicians Amy’s posthumous new album is sure to be the soundtrack of many British families Christmas.